Re: postgresql and glusterFS - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Alfredo De Luca
Subject Re: postgresql and glusterFS
Date
List pgsql-admin
thanks everybody. I don't think we can use ceph (which I would prefere anyway) as we have already glusterFS for other stuff.

thanks heaps

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 12:05 PM Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood@catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
On 12/09/18 21:11, Prince Pathria wrote:

> Hey Alfredo,
>
> You can set up ceph as back end/data storage for postgres. Moreover
> you'll get a better community support as well.

I'd add a +1 for Ceph as opposed to Gluster. Great community support and
a better designed product.

Where I work, we run an Openstack Cloud with Ceph as the backing for the
block storage provider (Cinder). A number of customers use Postgres and
Mysql on this setup.

regards
Mark

--