Re: Replication Across Two Servers? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carlos Mennens
Subject Re: Replication Across Two Servers?
Date
Re: Replication Across Two Servers?  (Martín Marqués <martin.marques@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Brandon Phelps <bphelps@gls.com> wrote:
> Carlos,
>
> Streaming replication was introduced in PostgreSQL 9.0 and should do what
> you want.
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Streaming_Replication

Oh great! I didn't see that in the 8.4 manual since that is what
Debian 6 has as the most stable version in it's package manager.
Anyone know of a stable Linux distribution that offers 9.0+? I know
Debian Wheezy (testing) has 9.1 but sadly it's testing and not
recommended for production utilization. RHEL is years behind as far as
packages go which makes them stable to an annoying degree.