Re: Microsoft buys GitHub, is this a threat to open-source - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John McKown
Subject Re: Microsoft buys GitHub, is this a threat to open-source
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 12:10 PM Michael Nolan <htfoot@gmail.com> wrote:
Microsoft has bought GitHub for $7.5 billion, is this a threat to the open source community?

​I don't know, but my intent is to abandon GitHub entirely. Too bad, because I like to use it more to post "Gists" and send the URL to someone, or a list, to show long code sequences (which won't fit easily in email).​

--
Mike Nolan

--
Once a government places vague notions of public safety and security above the preservation of freedom, a general loss of liberty is sure to follow.

GCS Griffin -- Pelaran Alliance -- TFS Guardian (book)

Maranatha! <><
John McKown