Re: Time to put context diffs in the grave - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Time to put context diffs in the grave
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 5:01 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> OK, that's done. Now I think we can get rid of git-external-diff.
>
> I for one rely on that.  I won't tell anyone else what kind of diff
> they have to read, but if you try to tell me what kind of diff I have
> to read, I'm going to complain.

OK, then given I have just removed all reference to it in the "Working
with Git" wiki page, maybe it needs  some comments on how to use it
:-)

>> While we're about it, does anyone use make_diff any more? It seems
>> rather ancient and crufty.
>
> Not me, but judging from the README, possibly Bruce still uses it.
> In any case, is it hurting anything?

No, just being anally retentive. But then we saw recently how that can
be a good thing :-)

cheers

andrew