Re: GSoC Introduction - Implement geospatial data viewer in pgAdmin4for PostGIS - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Xuri Gong
Subject Re: GSoC Introduction - Implement geospatial data viewer in pgAdmin4for PostGIS
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your suggestion. I received some feedback from PostGIS community and wrote a design document for the viewer[1]. I plan to create a new panel beside the output data grid in the sqleditor to show map. It would be great if there are any suggestions.

It's necessary for me to learn the standard from the beginning. I will contact Dave Page right away. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Xuri Gong

Xuri,

This is a fabulous idea and congratulations on being selected for GSoC! Personally, I would find this functionality very helpful.

Have you received any feedback, and are you still looking for more?

Also, if you have not already, I would highly recommend you coordinate with Dave Page and his team as they will likely have some direction and standards for you to follow that would be best learned up front, rather than after sending in a patch.

Best
Anthony