Re: nondeterministic collations and statistics and pattern matching - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Александр
Subject Re: nondeterministic collations and statistics and pattern matching
Date
List pgsql-docs
Yes, I checked release version and updated to 12.4.
It should have been done right away. That was my fault.
But if where was information about release in the thread of patch then there would be no question.

пн, 12 окт. 2020 г., 3:16 David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>:
On Tuesday, October 6, 2020, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> If exists statistic with nondeteministic collation inherited from column
> collation then using pattern matching with collation will give an error.

Yeah, that's a known problem we fixed months ago.

> There is no information about it. ((

Other than the 12.4 release note entry, you mean?

> I have seen this thread
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAAFmbbOvfi%3DwMM%3D3qRsPunBSLb8BFREno2oOzSBS%3DmzfLPKABw%40mail.gmail.com
> But I can't apply this patch for some reasons.

What is your point exactly?  You think the documentation should
describe your unspecified reasons for not updating to 12.4?
I'm afraid I'm not a telepath.

While it doesn’t replace the need for users to look at release notes we are generally pretty good at concluding patch threads with “applied, back-patched to vX” comments but didn’t do that here.

David J.