Re: SPI_execute_with_args call - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yuriy Rusinov
Subject Re: SPI_execute_with_args call
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm sorry !

But if I commented SPI_execute_with_args call, then all others works without bugs.

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> wrote:
On 03/05/13 21:19, Yuriy Rusinov wrote:
Hello, colleagues !

I have to write random number generator state into database table
Table structure is
table rand_state
{
    id serial not null primary key,
    state_rand bytea
};

In C-function I do
size_t nr_ins = strlen ("insert into rand_state (state_rand) values ($1);");
char * r_sql = (char *) palloc (nr_ins + 1);
strncpy (r_sql, "insert into rand_state (state_rand) values ($1);", nr_ins);

Oid * oids = (Oid *)palloc (sizeof (Oid));
Datum * val = PointerGetDatum (randBuf);
*oids = BYTEAOID;
const char * nulls = "NULL";
int rins = SPI_execute_with_args (r_sql, 1, oids, val, nulls, false, 1);

randBuf is a void * pointer that contains random number generator state,
when I try to execute SPI_execute_with_args (r_sql, 1, oids, val, nulls, false, 1); I receive error
Could you give some work examples for SPI_execute_with_args because I didn't find them in documentation.

Thanks a lot.

--
Best regards,
Sincerely yours,

However, I can say that PRIMARY KEY implies NOT NULL (also an UNIQUE index), so you don't need to explicitly add
NOT NULL when you are specifying PRIMARY KEY!

Cheers,
Gavin

--
Best regards,