Re: [HACKERS] PG 10 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PG 10 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 7:45 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 09:38:55AM +0530, Rafia Sabih wrote:

>> > I think it has been pretty common to accumulate a lot of such changes
>> > into generic entries like, say, "speedups for hash joins".  More detail
>> > than that simply isn't useful to end users; and as a rule, our release
>> > notes are too long anyway.
>> >
>> >                         regards, tom lane
>> >

>> Just wondering if the mention of commit
>> 0414b26bac09379a4cbf1fbd847d1cee2293c5e4 is missed? Not sure if this
>> requires a separate entry or could be merged with -- Support parallel
>> btree index scans.
>
> This item was merged into the general parallel index scan item:

Okay, but then shouldn't we add Rafia's name as well to that release
notes entry as she is the author of one of the merged item (commit
0414b26bac09379a4cbf1fbd847d1cee2293c5e4) which has an independent
value.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.