Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017 - LAST CALL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017 - LAST CALL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 7:09 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> All,
>
> This is the LAST CALL for applications to GSoC 2017 for PostgreSQL.
>
> If you have any ideas for projects, please go to:
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2017

There are few entries which seem to be redundant:

> Implement WAL logging for hash indexes

We already have a patch for this feature.

> Invent an async interface for the Append() node to use, allowing a way to parallelize queries across multiple remote
FDWsor local tablespaces.

Isn't this same what we are discussing in thread:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BTgmoaXQEt4tZ03FtQhnzeDEMzBck%2BLrni0UWHVVgOTnA6C1w%40mail.gmail.com

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.