Re: LogicalChanges* and LogicalSubxact* wait events are never reported - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: LogicalChanges* and LogicalSubxact* wait events are never reported
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 10:50 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 02:12:20PM +0900, Masahiro Ikeda wrote:
> > If my understanding is right, it's better to remove them since they make
> > users confused. Please see the attached patch. I confirmed that to make
> > check-world passes all tests.
>
> Yeah, I don't see the point in keeping these events around if they are
> not used.  Perhaps Amit has some plans for them, though.

No, there is no plan for these. As far as I remember, during
development, we have decided to use BufFile interface and forgot to
remove these events which were required by the previous versions of
the patch. I'll take care of this.

Thanks for the report and patch!

--
With Regards,