Re: Allow logical replication to copy tables in binary format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Allow logical replication to copy tables in binary format
Date
Re: Allow logical replication to copy tables in binary format  (Melih Mutlu <m.melihmutlu@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 4:06 PM Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
<kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> > The patch looks mostly good to me. However, I have one
> > question/comment as follows:
> >
> > -       <varlistentry>
> > +       <varlistentry id="sql-createsubscription-binary" xreflabel="binary">
> >          <listitem>
> >
> > To allow references to the binary option, we add the varlistentry id
> > here. It looks slightly odd to me to add id for just one entry, see
> > commit 78ee60ed84bb3a1cf0b6bd9a715dcbcf252a90f5 where we have
> > purposefully added ids to allow future references. Shall we add id to
> > other options as well on this page?
>
> I have analyzed same points and made patch that could be applied atop v19-0001.
> Please check 0002 patch.

Pushed the 0001. It may be better to start a separate thread for 0002.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.