Re: increasing the default WAL segment size - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: increasing the default WAL segment size
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 9:04 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 12:25 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If we change the default to 64MB, then I think it won't allow to use
>> old databases as-is because we store it in pg_control (I think one
>> will get below error [1] for old databases, if we just change default
>> and don't do anything else).  Do you have way to address it or you
>> think it is okay?
>
> Those would still be able to work with ./configure
> --with-wal-segsize=16, so that's not really an issue.

Right, but do we need suggest users to do so?  The question/point was
if we deliver server with default value as 64MB, then it won't allow
to start old database.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.