Re: Audit of logout - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Audit of logout
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 1:13 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 11:39 PM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>
> No. If we change it to PGC_SIGHUP, SHOW command does display
> the changed value after a reload. It's the same behavior as other
> PGC_SIGHUP parameters do. Attached patch just changes it to PGC_SIGHUP.
> You can test that by using the patch.

As this patch is marked as Needs Review, so I went ahead and
picked up for review, however after reading mail chain, it seems to
me that there is a general inclination to have a new category in
GucContext for this feature.  I don't see the patch implementing the
same in this thread, so I think it is better to move it to next CF (2014-08).

Whats your opinion?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.