Re: zheap: a new storage format for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: zheap: a new storage format for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 9:23 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> I think it was impolite to post this on the very same day the commitfest
> started.  We have enough patches as it is ...

I can understand your concern, but honestly, I have no intention to
hinder the current commit fest work.  We are preparing to post this
for more than a month, but it took some time to finish the
documentation and to fix some other issues.  I could have posted this
after the CF as well, but I was not sure if there is any benefit in
delaying, because, at this stage, we are not expecting much of code
review, but some feedback on high-level design and I think it can
certainly help pluggable API project.  I think the chances of getting
pluggable API in this release is remote, but maybe we can get some
small portion of it.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.