Re: Replication slot stats misgivings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Replication slot stats misgivings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 9:39 AM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> I feel we can change CATALOG_VERSION_NO so that we will get this error
> "The database cluster was initialized with CATALOG_VERSION_NO
> 2021XXXXX, but the server was compiled with CATALOG_VERSION_NO
> 2021XXXXX." which will prevent the above issue.

Right, but we normally do that just before commit. We might want to
mention it in the commit message just as a Note so that we don't
forget to bump it before commit but otherwise, we don't need to change
it in the patch.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.