Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 12:43 AM Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:

> Re: Tom Lane 2020-01-06 <3764.1578323719@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> > > Does not work on Ubuntu bionic, xenial. (Others not tested.)
> >
> > Hmm ... do we care?  The test output seems to show that xenial's
> > 3.1-20150325-1ubuntu2 libedit is completely broken.  Maybe there's
> > a way to work around that, but it's not clear to me that that'd
> > be a useful expenditure of time.  You're not really going to be
> > building PG13 for that release are you?
>
> xenial (16.04) is a LTS release with support until 2021-04, and the
> current plan was to support it. I now realize that's semi-close to the
> 13 release date, but so far we have tried to really support all
> PG-Distro combinations.
>
> I could probably arrange for that test to be disabled when building
> for xenial, but it'd be nice if there were a configure switch or
> environment variable for it so we don't have to invent it.
>
> > > Ubuntu bionic fails elsewhere [ apparently in 006_logical_decoding.pl ]
> >
> > Hmm.  Not related to this thread then.  But if that's reproducible,
>
> It has been failing with the same output since Jan 2, 2020, noon.
>
> > somebody should have a look.  Maybe related to
> >
> > https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1LMDx6vK8Kdw8WUeW1MjToN2xVffL2kvtHvZg17%3DY6QQg%40mail.gmail.com
>
> The only git change in that build was d207038053837 "Fix running out
> of file descriptors for spill files."

Thanks, for reporting.  Is it possible to get a call stack as we are
not able to reproduce this failure?  Also, if you don't mind, let's
discuss this on the thread provided by Tom.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.