Re: row filtering for logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: row filtering for logical replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 10:55 PM Euler Taveira <euler@eulerto.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 14, 2021, at 12:08 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>
> Yeah, but AFAIK that's needed only when replicating DELETEs, so perhaps
> we could ignore this for subscriptions without DELETE.
>
> ... and UPDATE. It seems we have a consensus to use old row in the row filter
> for UPDATEs. I think you meant publication.

If I read correctly people are suggesting to use a new row for updates
but I still suggest completing the analysis (or at least spend some
more time) Tomas and I requested in the few emails above and then
conclude on this point.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.