Re: Replication slot stats misgivings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Replication slot stats misgivings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 8:28 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 11:29 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 5:40 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > I am not sure if the timeout happened because the machine is slow or
> > is it in any way related to code. I am seeing some previous failures
> > due to timeout on this machine [1][2]. In those failures, I see the
> > "using stale stats...." message.
>
> It seems like a time-dependent issue but I'm wondering why the logical
> decoding test failed at this time.

As per the analysis done till now, it appears to be due to the reason
that the machine is slow which leads to timeout and there appear to be
some prior failures related to timeout as well. I think it is better
to wait for another run (or few runs) to see if this occurs again.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.