Re: Correction in doc of failover ready steps - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Correction in doc of failover ready steps
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Tue, Jul 23, 2024 at 9:40 AM shveta malik <shveta.malik@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2024 at 8:14 AM Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)
> <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >
> > I also agree that separating the 2 queries makes sense.
>
> Please find the patch with the suggested change.

One minor comment:
-     if the table copy is finished (See <xref
linkend="catalog-pg-subscription-rel"/>).
+     On the subscriber node, use the following SQL to identify which main
+     slots should be synced to the standby that we plan to promote. This query

Shall we refer to these slots as replication slots instead of main
slots in the above sentence? We don't have a main slot terminology at
other places, so it would be better not to introduce a new one. I know
that it was introduced in the original commit but it seems better to
change if we agree.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.