Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 1:32 AM Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> wrote:

> Em ter., 28 de abr. de 2020 às 16:53, Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com> escreveu:
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 9:38 PM Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> "pt" means portuguese language.
>>> "pt_BR" means portuguese language from Brazil, "divisão por zero", is correct.
>>> "pt_PT" means portuguese language from Portugal, "division by zero"? poderia ser "divisão por zero", too.
>>>
>>> Why "pt_PT" do not is translated?
>>

>> The translation files are generated as 'pt_BR.po', so this is the expected behaviour.
>>
>> With my limited knowledge of Portuguese, it makes little sense to have a localized version.
>
> Well, both are PORTUGUE language, but, do not the same words.
> pt_PT.po, obviously is missing, I can provide a version, but still, it wouldn't be 100%, but it's something.
> Would it be useful?

I am not sure but that doesn't seem to be related to this patch.  If
it is not related to this patch then it is better to start a separate
thread (probably on pgsql-translators list).

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.