Re: [HELP] Query regarding failover - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Marlene Villanueva
Subject Re: [HELP] Query regarding failover
Date
List pgsql-admin
Cancel switch

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020, 4:26 AM Praveen Kumar K S, <praveenssit@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for your response. I will look into it. According to you, which is better ? repmgr/patroni for automated switch over and switch back ?

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 1:08 PM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Tue, 2020-06-30 at 20:54 +0530, Praveen Kumar K S wrote:
> My requirement is to set up a process to handle failover and recovery without manual intervention.
> I would like to know your suggestions if there is any standard way of doing this or is it better to write custom scripts.

I don't think you can do that reliably with "custom scripts".
There is no standard way, but have a look at Patroni.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Regards,

K S Praveen Kumar