Re: 9.5: Can't connect with PGSSLMODE=require on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: 9.5: Can't connect with PGSSLMODE=require on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 23 September 2015 at 13:10, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 2:15 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>
>> wrote:
>> > "git bisect" is your friend.
>>
>> Yeah, but finding someone who has a working Windows build environment
>> and a lot of time to run this down is my enemy.  We're trying, but if
>> anyone else has a clue, that would be much appreciated.
>

> That's not cool. I have added this problem in the list of open items for
> 9.5.

This appears that it might be related to the version of OpenSSL that's
been packaged with PostgreSQL 9.5 alpha 2.  When swapping this out for
the version that's shipped with 9.4, it works.  I don't have the
specific OpenSSL versions to hand, but I'll report back anything as I
learn more.

--
Thom