PostgrSQL DBA needed in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA area - Mailing list pgsql-jobs

From Harley McDaniel
Subject PostgrSQL DBA needed in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA area
Date
List pgsql-jobs
PostgrSQL Database Administrator ( DBA ) Job Description

Primary Role:
AxisPointe, Inc. is an internet-based service provider for residential real-estate developers and homeowners.  Our
internetapplications warehouse large amounts of data associated with residential construction projects across the
UnitedStates.  Our company is continually building and developing software for meeting the needs of our clients and
furtheringour product base.  We are looking for a professional, skilled, and seasoned database administrator to oversee
andmanage all data related functions surrounding our software applications and internal data resources.  Currently our
companyoperates on PostgreSQL.

Job Description:
This individual would be primarily responsible for:
* Database Planning
* Database Architecting / Modeling
* Data Security
* Data Integrity
This individual's day-to-day functions would include, but are not limited to:  planning database changes, implementing
databasechanges, analysis of performance/integrity/security/etc., migrating data, data quality assurance, etc.  This
individualwould be involved in all projects where database changes were necessary and would be the point of contact
withinthe company when data related issues were being discussed.  In addition, this position would be a member of our
softwaredevelopment team and would likely help in programming projects.

Skill Set
We are looking for a candidate with a broad range of skills and capabilities.  The candidate must have 5 years of
professionalexperience as a DBA or closely related position.  Experience with data processing, warehousing, and mining
isrequired.  The candidate must have a sound understanding of the database development lifecycle and processes of
databaseimplementation and ongoing maintenance.  Strong design and data modeling skills are required.  A working
knowledgeof the SQL language is necessary.

Because this position is closely integrated with our software development, we are looking for a candidate with an
understandingof programming language concepts.  Currently we are using PHP and JAVA as our primary programming
languages. An understanding or experience with software programming is desirable.

Lastly the candidate must be able to work well in a team environment, be self-motivated, be personable, and have good
communicationskills.

Immediate Needs
Our company is currently building the next major version of our software and the new DBA would be responsible for
helpingarchitect and design the backend PostgreSQL 8 database systems for long-term growth, international
support, optimized performance, and etc. of our new web-based software application.

For more information contact:

Mary Bailey
MH and Associates
"Creating Great Organizations"