Postgres Down Under 2018 Call for papers - Mailing list pgsql-announce

From Gary Evans
Subject Postgres Down Under 2018 Call for papers
Date
List pgsql-announce

We are pleased to announce that PGDay Down Under 2018 will be held on Friday 7 December 2018 in Melbourne, Australia.

The Call for Papers is now open at https://pgdu.org/ until 5pm AEST on 30 September 2018.  Successful submissions will be published on 8 October 2018.  We look forward to receiving many submissions from a variety of people, including you!

Some examples of relevant talk topics:

- Case studies

- New PostgreSQL features

- Advanced and/or novel use of PostgreSQL features

- Benchmarking & hardware

- Scaling / replication

- Backup and Disaster Recovery

- Migration projects

Each talk will last precisely 45 minutes (including questions if you wish). There will also be a session of 5 minute long lighting talks at the end of the day.  Please specify in your submission if you are submitting a full or a lightning talk.

To submit your proposal for presentation please visit http://pgdu.org/ and click on PGDay 2018 CFP under Upcoming Events.

I hope you all will be excited and ready to contribute to PGDay Down Under this year and consider participating in the organisation of future events.

Important dates:

2018-09-12 - Ticket sales commence

2018-09-30 - Call for papers close

2018-10-08 - Presentation schedule announced

2018-12-07 - PGDay Down Under 2018

Venue:

PwC

Level 21, 2 Riverside Quay, Southbank VIC 3006

https://goo.gl/maps/YtuUAoCQEh62

This event would not be possible without generous sponsorship and

support from many different organisations. If you are interested in contributing, please send an email to pgdu-committee@lists.pgdu.org  to discuss sponsorship opportunities.

For any other questions get also in touch with us at pgdu-committee@lists.pgdu.org

See you in Melbourne!

Best Regards