Re: ERROR: unrecognized parameter "autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor" - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mariel Cherkassky
Subject Re: ERROR: unrecognized parameter "autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor"
Date
List pgsql-performance
To be honest, it isnt my db, but I just have access to it ...
Either way, so I need to change the vacuum_Analyze_scale/threshold for the original table ? But the value will be too high/low for the original table. For example if my original table has 30,000 rows and my toasted has 100,000,000 rows.  I want to analyze every 50K records in the toasted (by the way, sounds legit ?) which is 0.05% of 100m. With this value it means that every 0.05*30,000=1500 updated/deletes on the original table it will run analyze on the original table which is very often...
Doesn't it seems a little bit problematic ?

‫בתאריך יום ד׳, 13 בפבר׳ 2019 ב-18:13 מאת ‪Alvaro Herrera‬‏ <‪alvherre@2ndquadrant.com‬‏>:‬
On 2019-Feb-13, Mariel Cherkassky wrote:

> Hey,
> I have a very big toasted table in my db(9.2.5).

Six years of bugfixes missing there ... you need to think about an
update.

> Autovacuum doesnt gather
> statistics on it because the analyze_scale/threshold are default and as a
> result autoanalyze is never run and the statistics are wrong :

analyze doesn't process toast tables anyway.

I think the best you could do is manually vacuum this table.

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/