Re: array size exceeds the maximum allowed (1073741823) when building a json - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Nicolas Paris
Subject Re: array size exceeds the maximum allowed (1073741823) when building a json
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 7:44 AM, Nicolas Paris <niparisco@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I run a query transforming huge tables to a json document based on a period.
It works great for a modest period (little dataset).
However, when increasing the period (huge dataset) I get this error:
SQL ERROR[54000]
ERROR: array size exceeds the maximum allowed (1073741823)

​Maximum Field Size: 1 GB​

It means a json cannot exceed 1GB in postgresql, right ?
Then I must build it with an external tool ?

​It doesn't matter that the data never actually is placed into a physical table.

David J.