Re: [GENERAL] dump to pg - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nicolas Paris
Subject Re: [GENERAL] dump to pg
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks all,

The point is I only have access to dump files, no ora/mssql server instance access. I have noticed the warning around legality on that question. The best solution for me is to ask to each. Once get answer, I will come back here to provide the answer.

On 2017-05-31 16:43, Nicolas Paris wrote:
Hi,

I have dumps from oracle and microsoft sql server (no more details).
Is it possible to load them "directly" into postgres  (without
oracle/mssql license)?

dump -> csv -> postgtres

or something ?

Thanks a lot

A very, *very* short trip to google shows that "intelligent converters" have tools that can do both:

https://www.convert-in.com/ora2pgs.htm

There is a trial version with limited options, and the full version seems to be priced at $49 to $100.

Disclaimer: I have no experience with this company or it's products, I'm not affiliated, I just googled
and copy/pasted the result.