Re: How to build statically on Windows - Mailing list psycopg

From Daniele Varrazzo
Subject Re: How to build statically on Windows
Date
List psycopg
Hi Dan,

On Tue, 5 Oct 2021 at 01:01, Dan Davis <dansmood@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone give me a solution to build psycopg2 statically on Windows?
>
> I have succeeded in building it, but when I run dumpbin /dependents on the generated file (the PYD file), it still
dependson libpq.dll even when I pass --static-libpq.

I haven't personally used --static-libpq in a long time, and neither
have I used windows for a while. As far as I know that part of the set
up might have bitrotten.

If anyone can help Dan it would be appreciated.

Dan, there is a ticket/MR in the tracker of which I've never been able
to make completely sense: https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/pull/758
Would you like to check if that's the issue that doesn't allow
building the lib statically and if so can you propose a MR or just
acknowledge that the proposed one works as expected?

Thank you everyone

-- Daniele