Does PGDG apt repository support ARM64? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniele Varrazzo
Subject Does PGDG apt repository support ARM64?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

Psycopg binary files are built on Debian Stretch images. I have
noticed that, on arm64 platforms, even if the pgdg apt repository is
configured, apt-get will install libpq 9.6 (from the Debian
repository), not the 14 available in pgdg. As a result, certain
features are not available on psycopg[binary] on the arm platform,
such as SCRAM authentication.

This is the latest version of the libpq installation script [1] and
its log, resulting in the installation of libpq-dev 9.6 [2]. On all
the other supported platforms, libpq is installed from pgdg, see [3]
for an amd64 run.

The installation procedure in the latest run was pretty much:

    source /etc/os-release
    echo "deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt
$VERSION_CODENAME-pgdg main" \
    curl -skf https://www.postgresql.org/media/keys/ACCC4CF8.asc \
        > /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/postgresql.asc

    cat > /etc/apt/preferences.d/pgdg.pref <<HERE
    Package: *
    Pin: release o=apt.postgresql.org
    Pin-Priority: 500
    HERE

    apt-get update
    apt-get -y upgrade
    apt-get -y install libpq-dev

Are arm packages available at all? If so, what is the right procedure
to install them?

Cheers

-- Daniele

[1]: