Re: Issues of slow running queries when dealing with Big Data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shaozhong SHI
Subject Re: Issues of slow running queries when dealing with Big Data
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi, Gavin,

PostgreSQL Version - 10.11. PostGIS Version - 2.4.7. Operating System - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.7 .

That is all I know at the moment.

As I understand, our IT staff is building another one to sit on Azure.

Regards,

Shao

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 at 12:31, Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> wrote:
On 28/07/2020 22:54, Shaozhong SHI wrote:
> It has been found that issues occur when Big Data is being handled
> with PostGIS. Typically, queries can be killed by the system or memory
> is out.  Often, queries can be very slow.  Sometimes, it will take
> days or weeks to complete.
>
> What are the best approaches and means for improving the performance
> of queries and processes in PostgreSQL/PostGIS?
>
> Can anyone shed light on this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Shao

Probably helps if you can give us more details!

Such as O/S, versions of PostgreSQL/PostGIS, and hardware used. Plus
anything else you think might be relevant.

Cheers,
Gavin