Re: could not accept SSL connection: Success - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: could not accept SSL connection: Success
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 12:06 AM Carla Iriberri
<ciriberri@salesforce.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 5:42 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>> "On an unexpected EOF, versions before OpenSSL 3.0 returned
>> SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL, nothing was added to the error stack, and errno was
>> 0. Since OpenSSL 3.0 the returned error is SSL_ERROR_SSL with a
>> meaningful error on the error stack."

> Thanks, Michael, that's it, indeed! I had missed that part of the
> OpenSSL docs. These PG instances are running on Ubuntu Focal hosts that come
> with OpenSSL 1.1.1.

Good news, I'm glad they nailed that down.  I recall that this
behaviour was a bit of a moving target in earlier versions:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAEepm%3D3cc5wYv%3DX4Nzy7VOUkdHBiJs9bpLzqtqJWxdDUp5DiPQ%40mail.gmail.com