Re: Collation version tracking for macOS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Collation version tracking for macOS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 1:22 AM Peter Eisentraut
> I made a Homebrew repository for ICU versions 50 through 72:
> https://github.com/petere/homebrew-icu

Nice!

> All of these packages build and pass their self-tests on my machine.  So
> from that experience, I think maintaining a repository of ICU versions,
> and being able to install more than one for testing this feature, is
> feasible.

I wonder what the situation with CVEs is in older releases.  I heard a
rumour that upstream might only patch current + previous, leaving it
up to distros to back-patch to whatever they need to support, but I
haven't tried to track down cold hard evidence of this or think about
what it means for this project...