Re: 002_types.pl fails on some timezones on windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: 002_types.pl fails on some timezones on windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 2, 2021 at 1:55 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> BTW, I find those "territory" annotations in the CLDR data to be
> fascinating.  If that corresponds to something that we could retrieve
> at runtime, it'd allow far better mapping of Windows zones than we
> are doing now.  I have no interest in working on that myself though.

I wonder if it could be derived from the modern standards-based locale
name, which we're not currently using as a default locale but probably
should[1].  For single-zone countries you might be able to match
exactly one zone mapping.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CA%2BhUKGJ%3DXThErgAQRoqfCy1bKPxXVuF0%3D2zDbB%2BSxDs59pv7Fw%40mail.gmail.com