Re: Remaining dependency on setlocale() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Remaining dependency on setlocale()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 16, 2024 at 9:09 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 16, 2024 at 1:25 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> > It should just be initdb doing that and then initializing the server
> > with concrete values based on that.
>
> Right.
>
> > I guess technically some of these GUC settings default to the
> > environment?  But I think we could consider getting rid of that.
>
> Yeah.

Seems to make a lot of sense.  I tried that out over in CF #5170.

(In case it's not clear why I'm splitting discussion between threads:
I was thinking of this thread as the one where we're discussing what
needs to be done, with other threads being spun off to become CF entry
with concrete patches.  I realised re-reading some discussion that
that might not be obvious...)