Re: Weird failure with latches in curculio on v15 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Weird failure with latches in curculio on v15
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 3, 2023 at 8:35 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> we don't have a
> hard dependency on setsid()

FTR There are no Unixes without setsid()...  HAVE_SETSID was only left
in the tree because we were discussing whether to replace it with
!defined(WIN32) or whether that somehow made things more confusing,
but then while trying to figure out what to do about that, I noticed
that Windows *does* have a near-equivalent thing, or IIRC several
things like that, and that kinda stopped me in my tracks.