Re: Portability report: ninja - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Portability report: ninja
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 8:25 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> 5. It built and passed self-test on Solaris 11, but failed self-test
> on Solaris 10.

I haven't had time to actually do anything with it yet, but I can
report that meson and ninja are, as of quite recently, available in
the package repository of OpenIndiana.

That's the distribution of illumos I found very convenient to work
with last time I turned the Solaris-family machines red in the build
farm.  The reason I like it is that there's a rolling "vagrant" image
(libvirt and virtualbox flavours), so it's possible to spin up a
working VM with minimum effort.  My current way of keeping track of
what commands are needed to install the various packages PostgreSQL
needs for niche OSes corresponding to our build farm is to record it
all in Vagrant files.

https://github.com/macdice/postgresql-dev-vagrant/blob/master/openindiana/Vagrantfile