Re: AIX support - alignment issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: AIX support - alignment issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 10:30 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> writes:
> > Here's a patch to remove all of these.
>
> Looks sane by eyeball --- I didn't grep for other references, though.

Thanks, pushed.

> > I didn't originally suggest that because of some kind of (mostly
> > vicarious) nostalgia.  I wonder if we should allow ourselves a
> > paragraph where we remember these systems.  I personally think it's
> > one of the amazing things about this project.  Here's what I came up
> > with, but I'm sure there are more.
>
> PlayStation 2 [1]?  Although I suppose that falls under MIPS,
> which probably means we could still run on it, if you can find one.

Yeah.  PS had MIPS, then PowerPC (Cell), and currently AMD
(interestingly they also run a modified FreeBSD kernel, but you can't
really get at it...).  Sega Dreamcast had SH4.

I added one more: Tru64 (but I didn't bother to list Digital UNIX or
OSF/1, not sure if software historians consider those different OSes
or just rebrands...).  Patches to improve this little paragraph
welcome.  Pushed.