Re: s390x builds on buildfarm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: s390x builds on buildfarm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 19, 2022 at 8:12 AM Vivian Kong <vivkong@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> From: Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>
>> Does IBM provide any AIX instances to open source projects? We have access to
>> some via the gcc compile farm, but they're a bit outdated, often very
>> overloaded, and seem to have some other issues (system perl segfaulting etc).

It looks like the way IBM supports open source projects doing POWER
development and testing is via the Oregon State U Open Source Lab[1].
It's pretty Linux-focused and I don't see AIX in the OS drop-down list
for OpenStack managed virtual machines, but it has "other", and we can
see from the GCC build farm machine list[2] that their AIX boxes are
hosted there, and a quick search tells me that OpenStack understands
AIX[3], so maybe that works or maybe it's a special order.  I wonder
if we could find an advocate for PostgreSQL on AIX at IBM, for that
box on the request form.

(More generally, an advocate anywhere would be a nice thing to have
for each port...)

[1] https://osuosl.org/services/powerdev/
[2] https://cfarm.tetaneutral.net/machines/list/
[3] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PowerVM