Re: BUG #18503: Reproducible 'Segmentation fault' in 16.3 on ARM64 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: BUG #18503: Reproducible 'Segmentation fault' in 16.3 on ARM64
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jun 11, 2024 at 10:08 PM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> The query described in
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/18471-4e01d7601cedf1b0%40postgresql.org
> is causing a reproducible 'Segmentation fault'.

Also on ARM?

That other report said that memory is leaking and implies (?) the OOM
killer, but you're talking about a segmentation fault, so it seems
like a different symptom (even if the root cause is same), right?

> That situation is clearly reproducible, so we can help troubleshooting in
> case you want to look into details.

Can you get a core file, and gdb backtrace?