Re: pg_upgrade fails to preserve old versions of the predefined collations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: pg_upgrade fails to preserve old versions of the predefined collations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 9:08 AM Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:
> So for now it seems dangerous to use predefined collations as their old
> versions are not preserved by pg_upgrade and the user doesn't know which
> indexes affected by the actual ICU collation changes.

Yeah, we noticed this while working on a proposal for new
per-database-object version dependency tracking, and Peter E has
written a patch to address it:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/25/2328/