Re: ON CONFLICT does not support deferrable unique constraints - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Olarte
Subject Re: ON CONFLICT does not support deferrable unique constraints
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 6:26 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 6:05 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh
>> Are there any plans to lift this restriction?
> I'm trying to figure out a method for making this work in my head.
> These two things seem kind of opposed to each other.

He probably wants to just treat is as non-deferrable just during the
upsert. I do not know if he has thought this opens a can of worms (
like, the constraint may be already broken due to precious DML ).

Francisco Olarte.