Re: bottom / top posting - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Olarte
Subject Re: bottom / top posting
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom:

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 6:32 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> It's really critical to understand that bottom-posting also requires
> heavy trimming of how much of the previous message(s) you quote.

I think we would need to find a different name, Trim-posting?
Bottom posting with full quoting is, as you pointed later, as bad or
worst than top.
I do not know if people realize a properly quoted message is easier on
the eye, and more likely to generate responses, especially when you
are requesting help.

Francisco Olarte.

And do not get me started on the "sent from my iPhone / yahoo mail for
Android / ...", above/below the megaquote in mailing lists like this.
Just wait till you get a proper MUA, it's not a LOCA!

FOS.