Re: Referencing serial col's sequence for insert - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Olarte
Subject Re: Referencing serial col's sequence for insert
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Anil:

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 11:34 PM, Anil Menon <gakmenon@gmail.com> wrote:
> . It's that itch to drink deep from the fountain of knowledge.

Beware of hyponatremia, and keep in mind it can change in the future.
But you'll surely learn a lot.

> I really do like
> Laurenz Albe's advice of using WITH() AS which seems to be the best practice
> I can ask the developers to follow as it eliminates a lot of uncertainties
> and db specific behavior - and seems like a best practice even for other
> DBs.

Yep, that is the kind of thing I use in production too. These kind of
queries are predictable and easy to build and test incrementally.

Regards.

Francisco Olarte.