Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API
Date
Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 7 December 2014 at 08:21, Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com> wrote:

> Please wait for a few days. The ctidscan module is not adjusted for the
> latest interface yet.

I am in many ways a patient man. At this point it is 12 days since my
request for a working example.

Feedback I am receiving is that the API is unusable. That could be
because it is impenetrable, or because it is unusable. I'm not sure it
matters which.

We need a working example to ensure that the API meets the needs of a
wide section of users and if it does not, to give other users a chance
to request changes to the API so that it becomes usable. The window
for such feedback is approaching zero very quickly now and we need
action.

Thanks