Re: pgsql: Stamp 9.1.8. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: pgsql: Stamp 9.1.8.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 4 February 2013 21:40, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On 4 February 2013 21:29, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Stamp 9.1.8.
>
>> Did you not get my mail about me being in the middle of backpatching?
>
>> I guess I can stop now.
>
> 4pm on the day of a release is way too late to be committing anything
> (except security stuff ...).  If you felt you had a must-fix problem,
> you should have been lobbying for a release postponement at least
> six hours ago.

These timings might mean something to you, but I've never been aware
of such things because I'm not on the packagers list and its pure
silence everywhere else.

I've worked for much of the afternoon and evening on patches for this
because of the code changes, so thanks for that.