Re: Last gasp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Last gasp
Date
Re: Last gasp  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 8:30 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I am speaking up now as this is the first time I am told I have to wait
>> another year for this feature to arrive.
>
> Really?  You've never seen a patch punted to the next release before
> because it wasn't robust enough?  Considering that I see your  name
> mentioned in the 8.2 release notes, I find that a bit hard to believe.

Hannu didn't say he hadn't seen a patch punted. He said this was the
first time he knew he would have to wait another year for the feature
to arrive.

It's shocking since after months of work and an especially extended
edition CF, we expect people to deliver something, not just shunt the
whole thing off as rejected with 1 days's notice to alter that
outcome. Of course nobody can alter the outcome with such short
notice.

I don't care to hear the reasons, cos such excuses aren't good enough,
whoever they come from.