Re: Time-Delayed Standbys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Time-Delayed Standbys
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11 December 2013 06:36, KONDO Mitsumasa
<kondo.mitsumasa@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

>> I think this feature will be used in a lot of scenarios in
>> which PITR is currently used.
>
> We have to judge which is better, we get something potential or to protect
> stupid.
> And we had better to wait author's comment...

I'd say just document that it wouldn't make sense to use it for PITR.

There may be some use case we can't see yet, so specifically
prohibiting a use case that is not dangerous seems too much at this
point. I will no doubt be reminded of these words in the future...