Re: basic pgbench runs with various performance-related patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: basic pgbench runs with various performance-related patches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on it.

Good, thanks for the update.

>> The remaining patch you tested was withdrawn and not submitted to the CF.
>
> Oh.  Which one was that?  I thought all of these were in play.

freelist_ok was a prototype for testing/discussion, which contained an
arguable heuristic. I guess that means its also "in play", but I
wasn't thinking we'd be able to assemble clear evidence for 9.2.

The other patches have clearer and specific roles without heuristics
(mostly), so are at least viable for 9.2, though still requiring
agreement.