Re: 9.3 Pre-proposal: Range Merge Join - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: 9.3 Pre-proposal: Range Merge Join
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 7:52 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Dunno.  It might be easier to sell the idea of adding support for range
> joins in a couple of years, after we've seen how much use ranges get.

Once we've started the journey towards range types we must complete it
reasonably quickly.

Having partially implemented, unoptimised features is the same as not
having the feature at all, so it will remain unused until it really
works. We could say that about many features, but if Jeff is
championing this, I'd say go for it.