Re: [v9.3] Extra Daemons (Re: elegant and effective way for running jobs inside a database) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [v9.3] Extra Daemons (Re: elegant and effective way for running jobs inside a database)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> wrote:

> I tried to implement a patch according to the idea. It allows extensions
> to register an entry point of the self-managed daemon processes,
> then postmaster start and stop them according to the normal manner.

I've got a provisional version of this as well, that I was expecting
to submit for 9.3CF1

Best thing is probably to catch up at PGCon on this, so we can merge
the proposals and code.